Wednesday 25 May 2016

More Rust! Textures!

Doesn't rust look lovely on textured fabric. These are on damaged vintage Broderie Anglais and a variety of other gorgeous embroidered fabrics and although it seems so sad, in  some ways, to distress them, they have been rescued from a charity shop and will become glorious again in a new artwork. 






I am so thrilled at the variegated greys in the dyeing, and hardly any orangey rust colours. I think the tannin in the tea was responsible for this happening because I dyed them with just tea and no vinegar at all. I love too that the circles from the washers have printed so well. 


2 comments:

  1. These are all lovely, love the way they have ended up grey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the grey too Wendy. I am a little bit addicted now xx

      Delete